Radiesse is a sterile, latex-free, non-pyrogenic, cohesive sub-dermal filler, that is biodegradable and produced from synthetic Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHa) microspheres, a biocompatible component that has been used for over two decades in the medical industry.
FDA-approved Radiesse treats moderate lines and wrinkles with durable results. It can be used to on the face to add volume to smooth out moderate to deep wrinkles in the following areas:
- Primarily nasolabial folds
- Deep furrows
- Glabellar lines
- Subdermal support of the brows
- Tear troughs
- Perioral region
- Marionette lines
- Oral commissures
Remarkably there is even more to Radiesse; it's microspheres bring the following benefits:
- Rejuvenating the back of the hands, replacing lost volume
- An immediate filling and uplifting effect
- Stimulates natural collagen synthesis
- Increases elasticity
- Firmer skin that is tighter and thicker
- Improves the skin's own regeneration system
Using Radiesse for contouring purposes to improve the cheek, chin and jawline means that it produces outstanding lifting effects to completely rejuvenate the face.
- It can enhance cheeks that are normally sunken and flat.
- It refines lost contours presenting a youthfulness that was nearly forgotten
- It re-sculpts the jawline to remove droopiness, restoring a young 'V' shape.
There are minimal side effects with Radiesse, so no allergy test is required prior to treatment.
Radiesse should be injected into the deep dermis or sub-dermis using a 27G thin wall needle, using one of the following techniques:
- Serial punctual injections
- Linear technique
- Cross-hatching technique (blanket)
Safe to use alongside Hyaluronic Acid fillers.
Intradermal or superficial dermal injections are not recommended due to the possibility of visible white nodules forming in the superficial dermis. For this reason, Radiesse is NOT suitable for treating Crow's Feet.
In the first three months, Radiesse acts as a filler to increase volume and plumpness in the skin; lines are smoothed out. Next, its microspheres begin action to stimulate natural collagen growth and new skin tissue. After time, the gel becomes more absorbed resulting in the microspheres being metabolized and broken down. The results can last up to 18 months with the body being able to produce its own natural collagen.
Store between 15 – 32℃.
After opening the syringe for the first treatment, the unused gel can be recapped and stored for the same patient for up to 3 months, for future treatments. No air bubbles should be present inside the syringe to ensure the gel does not harden.